Hi everyone! I’m Melissa. I enjoy long walks down the aisles of Whole Foods and eating my body weight in fruit. Dates specifically; they're my absolute favorite. I had my first date (Talking about the fruit...I'd been on dates before) when I moved to New York City for college and it was love at first bite. Dates are SO sweet and SO good for you! Better yet, dates have kept all of my unhealthy sugar cravings away. Overtime I found myself feeling so much happier and energized now that I could finally eat something sweet (and freaking-delicious) that didn't leave me feeling guilty. Food guilt was something I struggled with for years.
If you've never experienced the deliciousness of dates, we are happy to finally introduce you. Why dates, you ask? Well, dates are one of the sweetest, softest, gooiest, most amazing little fruits with so many health benefits. At Wanna Date? we always reach for dates when we're craving something sweet (in other words: all the time) and we use our date spreads to make everything else a bit sweeter! From gluten free pancakes, to oatmeal, smoothies, and baked goods (dates are the perfect sugar swap for any recipe), here’s the low-down on dates and why they will forever change your life.
1. Low Glycemic, Paleo Sweetener Dates are a type of fruit which means that they are full of naturally occurring carbs and sugars. Our bodies use these carbs and sugars for energy and there is no purer source than fruit! These natural sugars are not going to make you less-healthy or directly cause weight gain. The vitamins, minerals, and fiber found all work together to slow down your body's intake of glucose. As a result your blood sugar levels remain stabilized; no sugar crashes. (Did you know that dates are a low glycemic index food?)
2. Fiber is our Friend The fiber content in dates makes them fantastic for digestive health and improving bowel movements. Kiss constipation goodbye! Dates can help with IBS symptoms and even reduce one's risk for colon cancer. Thanks to all that fiber you’re also likely to feel fuller longer after snacking on dates. Finally, because you'll be pooping (gross, sorry! But hey we all do it) more often and potentially eating fewer unhealthy sweets, dates might help with weight loss too!
3. Tons of Energy Ever try one of those low-carb diets and by the end of the day you're tired, moody, and craving every single unhealthy food imaginable? That's because (despite what every unrealistic article & fad diet out there says) the human body needs carbs. Natural, healthy carbs like those found in dates give us FUEL for long, busy work days and POWER us through workouts. Ditch the packaged "energy" bars that leave you starving 20 minutes later and eat dates instead for a REAL energy-kick.
4. Plenty of Potassium Did you know that 1 cup of dates contains more potassium than an entire banana? Now THAT sh** is bananas! Potassium is a natural electrolyte and it is essential for muscle recovery and muscle maintenance along with keeping blood pressure levels healthy. Which bring us to our next point...
5. No sodium, No fat, No cholesterol Because dates have no fat, no sodium, and no cholesterol they are an incredibly heart-healthy food. Having high cholesterol can put you at risk for heart disease, a heart attack, or even a stroke. Meanwhile, consuming too much sodium can lead to high blood pressure which is NOT good.
Eating dates can level-out your cholesterol because they are free from bad, saturated fats (which are found in meat & dairy) AND dates are free from trans fats (the fats found in many processed foods & hydrogenated oils.
6. Many Vitamins & Minerals Eating a few dates every day is truly like taking a multivitamin. Dates have plenty of vitamin A, K, and B-6 along with riboflavin, thiamin, calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, zinc, niacin, selenium, copper, manganese, and organic sulphur. It’s common practice in many cultures to break fasts with dates in order to restore one’s body with nutrients. We encourage you to continue researching the benefits of dates on your own. You'll seriously be amazed by what you discover! (We once read that eating dates can improve sexual stamina) So... Wanna Date?
Minimum Order Amount$72Elsewhere
City and statefort myers beach,FL
Shipping Lead Time3-5 days